VIRTUAL UNIVERSITY GUIDELINES FOR OVERSEAS STUDENTS
As an overseas student You must adhere to “Code of Conduct Outside of Pakistan” from the following link:
Overseas Exam Software and related materials have been made available for download. Please make sure to install latest exam application available on the link given below. You must follow the sequence of instructions given below for smooth and error free installation:
- Download and install VUTES exam software from following link http://qb.vu.edu.pk.
- Download and install only TeamViewer (Version 8 only) on workstation from following link:
Note: Install the TeamViewer software for Personal/Non-Commercial use.
- Uninstall antivirus applications and disable windows firewall before the start of paper.
- System default language MUST be English (United States). It can be set from Control Panel -> Region and Language -> Format
- No proxy software/remote control software (except TeamViewer) should be installed or configured on the machine (like ultra-surf, hotspot shield, LogMeIn etc.).
- Disable Internet Explorer Proxy settings. It can be disabled from Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN Settings and uncheck proxy server settings.
- Do not configure external webcam other than exam application (like MSN, Yahoo, Skype etc.); otherwise exam application will not detect the external webcam
- After installation, you must go through the “User Manual” for Know-How to attempt your paper.
- An icon will be visible on your desktop after installation of VUTES exam application. Please double click the icon to run the demo test.
- One external USB webcam withe following prescribed view https://handbook.vu.edu.pk/HandBook_Pages/PrescribedWebcamView.jpg
- The audio adapted must be enabled and running with a working microphone.
- You may test your installation by joining any of the following sessions till September 08, 2020 during the specified session timings as mentioned below:
- Session 1: 08:00 A.M to 10:00 A.M (PST)
- Session 2: 11:00 A.M to 01:00 P.M (PST)
- Session 3: 02:30 P.M to 04:30 P.M (PST)
- Session 4: 05:00 P.M to 07:00 P.M (PST)
- Please use your student ID as login and password for login into the exam application to check demo test. For example,
- Student ID: (Your student ID)
- Password: (Your student ID)
- After completing the demo test, you must confirm your installation status by clicking the link “Click here to confirm your installation status” given on http://qb.vu.edu.pk